One night last week, the puppy came running into the living room looking extremely distressed. Then he took off and ran back to the other side of the house. This continued for several minutes. I finally decided that I should probably pause the tv and see what was going on with him. I called out and asked Stephen if he knew what was wrong with the dog. There was no response. That got me a little worried, so I got up to go find Stephen.
I looked in the office to see if Stephen was at his computer, but he wasn't there. I called out to him again, and there was no answer. The whole time, Oliver was still running from room to room in the house. Finally, I saw the shower curtain in the guest bathroom move. I went in there and pulled it back, and there was Stephen. I asked him what in the world he was doing. He said that he and Oliver were playing hide and seek.
Now, at that moment, I thought to myself that this was kind of odd. What was even more odd was that both my husband and my dog seemed to really be enjoying this game of hide and seek. In fact, the husband was a little miffed that I alerted the dog to his hiding place. I didn't really understand this until last night.
Last night, I was playing chase the puppy with Oliver. As Oliver ran away from me to one side of the house, Stephen told me to duck behind the door of the office. I did, and Oliver could not find me. He went from room to room looking. I heard Stephen telling him that he didn't know where I was. Finally, I revealed my hiding place to him, and he was sooooo excited. It was really funny, and I actually had fun playing hide and seek with my yorkie. Is that weird?
Wow, I have to say that I really feel like our lives used to be more interesting. However, I am glad that both of us can find joy and fun in the small things.
No comments:
Post a Comment