Oliver went to stay with Vicki and Cliff at Imperial Puppy Palace while we were out of town. They are the breeders that we got him from, and they will keep the puppies that they sell in their home. They are wonderful, and we feel good about leaving him there. I was a little worried this time though because he hadn't stayed with them since March, and he hadn't been around other dogs either. Every time I called to check on him, they said he was doing wonderful and having a great time. He played outside with their German Shepherd and really was enamored by a little girl yorkie named Cricket. When we drove up to get him on Friday, he was running around outside their house playing.
 |
This is Cricket. Oliver's girlfriend!
|
As soon as we got Oliver in the car, he fell asleep. He proceeded to sleep for three whole days. I was really getting worried that he might be a little depressed because we took him away from his friends and his new girlfriend. My brother (who worked at a vet for years) told me that as long as he was eating and drinking his water, that he was fine. I couldn't understand what happened to our precocious little monster though.



Finally today, Oliver is back to his old self. We had our neighbors (Rob and Rebecca) over for hamburgers, and he greeted them at the door with eager barks. Then he begged off of our food like normal. This afternoon and evening he has been playing and playing and playing. He must have realized that he has some play time to make up for. I'm really glad to have him back to normal. Sometimes I think that I can't possibly play with him anymore, but I'd much rather him be playful than depressed and sleepy. I think he was just dog tired after his vacation with his puppy friends.
If you are ever in the market for a Yorkie, Shih-tzu, Maltese, or Pomeranian, you should definitely visit
Vicki and Cliff at Imperial Puppy Palace. They will find you your perfect puppy! :) We definitely love ours!
No comments:
Post a Comment