The time has come to say goodbye to the Xterra. The good news is that we are saying hello to a brand new Ford Fusion. :) The Xterra has seen better days. After it broke down in Ruston over New Years, it started smoking every time we sat in traffic. When you live in a big city with LOTS of traffic, this is not exactly a good thing. We decided it was about time to trade it in while it was still worth something. The people at the Ford dealership gave us a GREAT deal on the trade in, and we are really excited about Stephen's new car. I'm kind of jealous too.
It's a little sad to say goodbye to the Xterra though. I remember riding in the Xterra for the first time. It was sophomore year of college, and Stephen and I were going to see The Count of Monte Cristo over Christmas break. We weren't dating then. We were just friends. We ran into a friend of ours from high school that night, and she made a big deal about us being at the movie together. It's kind of funny to think about now. Stephen parked the car in the VERY back of the Tinseltown parking lot that night because he didn't want it to be near any other cars. This is a habit he inherited from his parents. :)
We also had a really fun road trip to the Tech/SMU game in the Xterra our senior year of college. There were so many people packed into it that someone was riding in the very very back. It seems like we also had a Mardi Gras trip too with about four people packed into the backseat. It has definitely been a great vehicle for fun road trips. It is also the car that we went on our first date in and the car that we left our wedding reception in.
Stephen's new car is really really nice. I can't wait until it's my turn to get a new car. I've never had a NEW car. I've had new to me cars. :) I have already told him that we are going everywhere in his car from now on. It will be the traveling car and the go everywhere on the weekend car. My car is going to go back and forth to work, and that is it! :) It drives over 60 miles a day, so it deserves a little rest, and I would rather go everywhere else in the new car.
So...sianara to the Xterra and hello Ford Fusion. I hope we have just as many good memories in you!
No comments:
Post a Comment