Monday, November 7, 2011

How 'Bout Them Dawgs???!!!

I am so proud to be a Louisiana Tech alum, and I'm proud of the way the Bulldawgs played against Fresno State. I wore my Louisiana Tech sweatshirt on Saturday when everyone else where I live was wearing Bama gear.

Speaking of that other game that everyone watched this weekend, I went into the weekend kind of on the Bama side. I have never been an LSU fan. I think that this mostly came from being on the sideline in Death Valley with the Louisiana Tech cheerleaders. Out of all of the places that we traveled, LSU had the meanest fans, and it was the only place where cops had to escort us in and out of the stadium. If you went to school at LSU, then by all means, you should be their biggest fan. I have no ill will against LSU fans. I am just not a fan myself.

I had an experience this weekend that made me realize that every team has those jerk fans. Stephen and I decided to order a Pizza Saturday night. We waited until after 7 p.m., thinking that Pizza Hut wouldn't be as busy after the game started. The parking lot was full, so Stephen dropped me off, and I went in to get the pizza (in my Louisiana Tech sweatshirt that was blue with red letters btw). This guy in an Alabama jersey said, "How dare you come in here wearing that?" I said, "It's a Louisiana Tech sweatshirt." He said, "It's a Louisiana shirt, why would you wear it." Now, at this point, I'm really hoping this guy didn't actually go to school at Alabama because he could not tell the difference between Louisiana Tech and LSU. I told him that I went to school at Louisiana Tech and that they were playing on ESPNU at 9:30, and I was supporting my alma mater. He replied, "Of course they're playing on that channel, all of the good teams play on the good channels." This guy was seriously an ass. Then he told me that he had money on Bama winning the game.

We went home, and I honestly played words with friends through most of the LSU/Bama game while we waited on the Tech game to come on. I have to say though that I got great satisfaction out of knowing that the Bama fan from Pizza Hut lost money when they lost. :)

Team Singing Fight Song after win at Fresno
I am so proud of Tech's team. This clip made me proud. I always made the cheerleaders and Regal Blues learn the words to the Fight Song each year. I'm glad that the football coaches do the same. :) Go Dawgs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment