Thursday, June 14, 2012

TV Addicts Anonymous

TVAA...that is seriously what I need. I was looking at my DVR last night, and it is getting a little bit out of control. The funny thing is that before I had a DVR, I hardly ever kept up with shows on tv. There were very few that I watched regularly. Now, my list seems to always be growing. I think right now it's because when all the shows I normally watch ended for the summer, I worried there might not be anything to watch, so I recorded everything. Don't get me wrong...I'm not one of those people that comes home and turns the tv on for five hours. I do however like to catch up on some shows when Stephen's on call at the hospital or on the weekend, and I have been known to watch several shows in a row. In DVR time though, that's only two hour tops...right? I also tend to get a bit anxious if my DVR isn't working. :)

So here's my summer tv list:

There's the old standbys that I watch every summer. They are:

  • So You Think You Can Dance (love love love this show)
  • Drop Dead Diva
  • Royal Pains
  • Design Star
and mine and Stephen's absolute favorite...
  • Big Brother (this one starts in July, and I can't wait, and it is the only show Stephen will watch with me)
Also in the line up is Pretty Little Liars, which is a wonderful guilty pleasure to watch.

The new ones I'm recording this summer are:
  • Breaking Pointe- This is a reality show about ballet. I have only watched one episode, and I'm not sure how many more I'll watch. I'm usually a sucker for anything having to do with dance though.
  • Dance Moms- I've caught this show a few times here and there, and I decided to start recording it. The teacher is portrayed as absolutely awful. It's kind of like watching a train wreck.
  • Dallas- I don't really remember the first Dallas, but there seems to be a lot of hype about the remake. I recorded the pilot, but haven't watched it yet. We'll see how this one turns out.
  • Bunheads- This show is from the creators of Gilmore Girls (which is one of my all time favorites). The first episode wasn't what I expected at all from the previews. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet.
The jury is still out on some of these new shows, but my DVR will definitely be pretty full this summer. I guess tv is my way of relaxing after a long week of work. I can let my brain rest because none of these shows require much brain power to keep up with. :) So, until I hear about a TVAA meeting in my area, I guess I'll press on with my summer list.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Most of what's on my DVR is stuff from Disney Jr. We do love So You Think You Can Dance and are glad to be watching it this season since we haven't watched it in forever! I also have to admit that I have been watching Dance Moms since it started. WOW! Half the time Michael and I sit there going I can't believe she/they just said that! I would NEVER pay somebody to treat my child that way. Craziness! Other than that if it's not sports of some kind we don't watch much TV. Hope you have a great weekend. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete