As we are getting closer and closer to our trip to Ruston, La. next weekend, I find myself thinking about the things and people that I want to make sure I see while I'm there. I thought I would compile a list of the things that I miss the most about Ruston.
1. Family and Friends
2. A two minute commute to work (it now takes me an hour one way)
3. Sundown turkey melts and MJ burgers
4. Dr. Pepper Icees
5. Comp time at work (I never realized how much I would miss this until I didn't have it anymore)
6. Maggies Moos chocolate cake batter ice cream with cookie dough and oreos mixed in (Bham is big on yogurt so no Maggie Moos)
7. Walpole Tires (and walking in and having them know me)
8. David Berry at The Buzz (the Aveda Institute can be scary)
9. The Chevron Oil Change on Tech Drive (the ones here don't vacuum out your car)
10. Being able to see my family whenever I wanted to at the drop of a hat
I'm sure that I could go on and on. I will definitely be seeing my family and friends while I'm in Ruston. I keep wanting to say while I'm home, but home really is Birmingham now. Home is my house and my husband and my dog. Ruston was home for so long though that it's hard to break the habit of saying that.
I will also definitely be partaking in all of the food items above including the icee! Calorie counting will not be happening at least for a couple of days while we are there. I also have an appointment for David Berry to cut my hair, and I am super excited about that!!! My mom is taking me for a girls' day out, and she has agreed to get her first ever pedicure. That will probably definitely be blog worthy. I will have to take before and after pics.
While I miss so many things about Ruston, I truly do love living in Birmingham. Maybe my next post will include the things I love most about Birmingham. Traffic will definitely NOT be on that list!
Jenny-we seem to like a LOT of the same things. I will say--it is VERY good for your marriage for you to be away from Ruston & family & working it all out on your own!
ReplyDeleteAt first, I thought this blog was named, "Busy Balls". I'm glad it's not! Y'all have fun in Ruston, tell Scuba that I said heeeeey!
ReplyDelete